Please be advised that RSA’s physical office is open for business. In light of ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) concerns, RSA will be taking various precautions with how we conduct business for the near future.
Here's what you should know:
1. The RSA general phone number is up and running for assistance and you may also reach out to a particular staff member if you know their direct number.
2. At this time, we are discouraging office visits. Although you may begin making appointments with RSA counselors again, we ask that you do not do so unless it is an absolute emergency to conduct a meeting in person. Most importantly, we ask that if you are currently sick, not feeling well, or are uncomfortable commuting to our office, that you do not come into the office at all. You may still arrange to have appointments via phone call or email rather than coming in-person.
3. If you are able to secure an in-person appointment, it is absolutely mandatory that you wear a mask when entering the office and keep it on while meeting with an RSA staff member. Furthermore, the building will not let you enter the premises without a mask on.
4. We encourage hand washing upon entering our office and we also have hand sanitizer readily available for your convenience.
5. Please be advised that pending building regulations, you might be required to have your temperature taken upon arrival.
6. As time goes on, we will re-evaluate our office requirements.
The health and safety of our members and our staff is our number one priority. We ask for your patience as we slowly but surely return back to a sense of normalcy.
We thank you in advance.
COVID-19 General Guidance
Rental property owners should continue to display the most up to date COVID-19 flyers in your buildings. The most recent flyer is available on the City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene's (DOHMH) website and is translated into over a dozen languages. To view the available languages, click here and locate your preferred language under "Stop the Spread of Coronavirus Flyer." To directly access the English language version of the flyer, please click here.
DOHMH has also compiled a list of frequently asked questions for residential building property owners.
RSA has created a COVID-19 section under our Resources section where you will find important forms, documents, and updates. Please click here to be redirected to that section
Rent Guidelines Board Order 52
One-year lease: 0%
Two-year lease: 0% for year one, 1% increase for year two
Special Guideline Maximum Base Rent (MBR) + 39%
No sublet allowance
For more information, click here to visit the RGB’s website. We will have additional information in the July/August 2020 issue of the RSA Reporter.
In order to accommodate the escalating increase for the second year of the lease, DHCR has issued a new renewal lease form, Renewal Lease Form (RTP-8). Although the new form was created to accommodate RGB Order No. 52, it is now the most recent DHCR Renewal Lease Form and should be used for all renewal leases going forward.
Find Your Local Elected Official!
RSA’s top priority is to protect the best interests of the rental housing industry by advocating in the State and City governments.
Although our staff takes pride in advocating on behalf of residential property owners, it is important that you make your voices heard to your local elected officials as well.
Contact Your State Elected Officials - If you live outside of the five boroughs and you want to locate your state elected official.